Stepped Gable with clerestory wall on beam

BcatV1

I'm hoping someone here can tell me how to create a roof/wall with this form: imagine a gable roof with cathedral ceiling, where you sliced out the center section paralleling the ridge, raised that section 3 feet on a clerestory wall along each side, with the clerestories and rafter ends carried by beams supported by columns at the endwalls. A quick sketch below.

Any help much appreciated, I have previously failed to find a good way to do this in Punch AS 3000, and now some years later, I decided to try the HD Pro trial as I think of this project again, and I'm finding the interface eerily similar, but am still hopeful that this can be done in HD Pro.

GableWithClerestoryStep.jpg

Good to know. Any procedure suggestions?

I haven'e been to YouTube or the Knowledge base yet, the other two not too illuminating yet.

I have been able, by manually altering walls in 3D view to get to the offset gable below. No idea yet on inserting a beam, suppose I could use two shed roofs to make the raised section of the gable. However, this open appearance is from making the walls below invisible, rather than not having them there. Seems clumsy.

clerestory.jpg

Search the Chief site for clerestory. That should get you started.

This is often called a Monitor Roof.

One of my first practice plans after buying Pro 4+ years ago was a similar barn. 

Roof is auto built. I remember using a railing wall -- post to beam for the interior walls on another version.

ht1.thumb.jpg.4d750f9a73b6f989c7bf59bf4ef761ea.jpg