Keep 2018 when I upgrade to 2019?

ElkRivers

Hello, 

I need to upgrade my HD Pro to 2019 but am working on a project in the previous version.  Can I still use both of the versions after I upgrade?  Will the new 2019 open the 2018 .plan and .layout files?

Also, I receive files to work on in CA Premier X9 version and I will still need to be able to open them...

I am relatively new to Home Designer and Chief Architect, am previously an Auto CAD drafter...I am often frustrated by the program's inability to open drawings from older versions. 

Thank you.

Thank you for the question.  Yes, your 2019 software will open plans and layouts from prior versions.  It does not work the other way around (you can't open newer plans in older software).  When you upgrade, the old upgrades software will still function.  You can still use the upgraded software for archival purposes.  When you are working with a plan from X9 you would need to open and work on it in the 2018 version only if you need to send the plan back to the X9 user so they can continue to open and work on the plan. 

Feel free to contact us is sales if you would like to discuss at 208-292-3400 or sales@chiefarchitect.com

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software