Wall default setting issue

Hilltopvince

Wall problems.plan  I am using Home Designer Pro 2019.  I had started another project and encountered a problem changing a material in the wall type dialog. The attached file is a simple box drawn to just show the inputs that I have made in the dialog box for the wall types. I was going through and setting up my defaults before I began drawing the plan for another project. What I wanted to do was to change the exterior siding material to fiberglass cement board shakes (size and colors). My process was defaults > walls > exterior walls > edit > wall types > I selected siding-6 and copied it. I then renamed it siding-6 fiber cement shingle. In the wall type definitions I selected and changed the siding to cement panel offset green. Then selected plan materials and selected cement panel offset green and then edit. while in edit I selected material type to shakes. Changed color to blue. changed size to 12" x 18". then hit done. Opened wall type definition dialog and selected vector view and the changes were reflected as I told it to. Then in plan view I selected draw exterior wall and in camera view it had the fiber cement shingle but the color and size changes that I made were not reflected. I'm sure I must be overlooking something simple. Help would be greatly appreciated. I have been through the manuals and tutorials. 

Wall problems.plan

It helps old guys like me if you would insert a few blank lines. 

Also helps if you say simply what you want so others don't need to read through.

I would start by creating a new material, then using that material as part of a new wall definition.

See if this works for you.

ht1.thumb.jpg.e90cafa6ce99deda67ac40f5fe56ec35.jpg

I created a new material and tried it. The color did change but the shake pattern didn't show up in the camera view. I did try your suggestion above and the color change

did work when I blended it with the texture.  Changing the material size in the material specifications didn't do anything.

Wall problems with new material.plan