Floor layer options

JamesR

Hi folks. Hopefully my software version shows up in my signature, so we can get that out of the way. I'm finishing my basement and the floor assembly will look like this from the bottom up: concrete slab>1" rigid foam>1/2" osb>1/2" osb>finished floor (LVT or engineered composite). I can get the thicknesses of all of these and set my finished floor height in the floor defaults, but I was wondering if there is a way to model this more accurately? Mainly because I want to be able to do a section detail view of the wall and floor assemblies. Is there something like the wall layers tool that applies to floors? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

--Jamie

2 minutes ago, JamesR said:

but I was wondering if there is a way to model this more accurately? Mainly because I want to be able to do a section detail view of the wall and floor assemblies.

More accurately how?

What are you not seeing, or wanting to change? Images might help explain :)

I do not see a way to assign layers to the floor, only an overall thickness. So, more accurately would be a way to show the layers I described when I take a cross sectional view of the floor. Similar to the "Example.pdf" i've attached. 

Under Defaults>Floors and Rooms>Current Floor selection, in the Structure tab, I see the Floor Structure Edit button, but no way to add layers to this.

Example.PDF

Floor Structure.JPG

Thanks Eric,

That is probably the most detailed KB article I've seen on Home Designer so far. I was hoping there was a way to get the program to handle the layer details, so if I change anything down the road, going from two 1/2" layers of OSB to one 3/4" for example, the cross section would automagicly update. Instead, I would have to go back and manually edit the CAD section view.

Do you know if the Chief Architect Premier or Interiors has a floor "layer" tool that is not CAD tool dependant?

Thanks,

--Jamie