Adding a dishwasher with variable width

johnlou

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and use Home Designer Architectural 2015 with the latest updates. I searched the forum for dishwasher and there are no results.

I'm designing a basement floor plan with a small kitchen. I would like to place a dishwasher with width of 18-inches instead of the standard width of 24-inches. I can place one of the library dishwasher objects as a face to a cabinet. I can change the width of the cabinet but not the dishwasher face which is fixed at 24-inches. Please advise.

Best regards,

John

Or, you can place the Dishwasher as a standalone object (you'll get a message indicating it's designed to be placed in a cabinet, place it anyway), once it is resized in your plan, add it to your User Library at the new 18" size.  Then you can add the modified Dishwasher in to a cabinet from there.

• Upvote 2

It seems that you can't immediately ( at least for me) change the size of the dishwasher ,add it to the library, then try to place it back in the same plan . If I created a new plan and added a cabinet the new 18" dishwasher went in fine , same as if I closed the original plan , reopened it then inserted the new 18" dishwasher it worked fine. perhaps opening and closing the library would have worked too after adding it to the library? so the library updated itself ? 

note I made the dishwasher 17 11/16"  , since the original 24" one was 23 11/16.

Thanks again for the tip....

Mick.