How to add dimentions and other notes to elevation layers? HD Pro

RobynKS

Dimension tools function in elevation-cross section camera views but often times one must place CAD objects there for dimension strings to measure to and from (Not all Architectural 3D objects dimension easily in such camera views but can be done, easily once you see what works and what does not). Dimensioning does not function in isometric views though some isometric views can be sent to layout or printed at a predefined scale (not the same things as dimension strings).

What exactly have you done or tried that did not work?

DJP

your pic shows you are in a perspective overview and Dimension tools don't work in Overviews,  use the Elevation Cross section or backclipped view to do that. As Davis mentioned it is not uncommon to have to add a few CAD lines to measure too. Make sure to Save the camera View or you will lose your text and detailing when exiting. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your help. However Mick I do not fully understand what you mean by "and title to your signature" Could you explain that another way. Also the reference manual has many errors in it and is always written in imperial measurements that takes time to convert to metric. Also the index does not always answer my questions and USA call items different names to us so here in Australia I find the reference manual painfully slow.

Mick is speaking of the "Signature LIne" that is available at the bottom of posts here. Personalized data can be added and automatically displayed when one posts here.

It is useful to people who are interested in helping others to know a little about the persons' computer and what software they are using (each title has differing abilities and tools).

See the bottom of all my posts as an example where I list how to contact me, what software I use and a little about my PC.

DJP

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your help. However Mick I do not fully understand what you mean by "and title to your signature" Could you explain that another way. Also the reference manual has many errors in it and is always written in imperial measurements that takes time to convert to metric. Also the index does not always answer my questions and USA call items different names to us so here in Australia I find the reference manual painfully slow.

Just so you are aware, all that info is Kbird1's signature, it shows up every time he posts something, and it isn't something he directed specifically at you.  :)

Hi Robyn , yes my Signature wasn't directed at you in particular , it is supposed to help others find the knowledgebase and Reference Manual ( more indepth than the online help) that most don't seem to know about. The reason for the version no# and Title is that there are 5 or 6 Titles for Home Designer current at one time as well as all the past years so there maybe 20-30 versions of software being talked about here and they all have different capabilities  eg Pro 2015  yours?  have more capabilities than mine, Pro 10. you can add you name to you Sig. too so you don't have to type it in each time too , handy when you have a user name like yours :)

Mick