How Do I place a separate Roof Over Porch

FLAAustin

I'm learning this product and am a bit slow, especially when it comes to roofs, etc.

This is a two story house we are working on building, currently it is over the 3000 sqft
max living space (building cost constraints).  The bottom floor is 10' and second is meant to
be 8'.  The roofs are 12:12.  Looking to add a shed roof  at the level of the 2nd floor joists to
go over the porch.  It would be in the range of 3 or 4:12 pitch.

Any hints on how I create a shed roof to go over the front porch and attach to the building?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Also I realized I should attempt to put this in a proper part of the Home Talk for Hints and Tips but didn't see how to do that.
Sorry....

Front porch roof needed.png

Eric thanks for these housekeeping tips.
The porch concrete was arbitrarily added to the slab with a non-specific thickness and offset from the main house slab; 

did that in 3D view and dragged to get it in place roughly.

Still looking to figure out how to define those relative dimensions properly.  Also, placed an 'invisible wall' (3 sides only) around the 

perimeter of the porch slab.  I'll go back and try 4 sides invisible and see if a 'room' can be defined.

Thanks

Delete the slab and walls.

All you should need are 3 invisible walls outlining the porch. Set the room type to Porch and make sure Roof Over is checked.

Set the end walls to Full Gable and the front wall to have a lower pitch.

Eric, thanks for this info, however I'm having issues with ensuring the porch roof is at the proper

elevation over the porch slab, as well as having a ~6" drop from the main floor slab to the porch

slab.  I realize the tools are likely there, but I just need to beat around in the program some more

to get the slab heights, main floor and porch, to be at the correct relative locations.

Will keep working on it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Frank