Electrical Defaults

ggoner

I have Home Designer Suite 2019. Error Message: Couldn't find electrical objects in the electrical library.

I have an old plan from 3D Home Architect 4 (very old). It is so old that the library files can't be imported as far as I know.

Help says to Edit Electrical Defaults but Electrical is not listed in the defaults list so this is not possible. How can I remove obsolete electrical information from a very old plan or replace it with current defaults?

I looked in my copy of Suite 2019 and could not find "Electrical Defaults" either. I am just guessing that Suite does not have "Electrical Defaults" like Home Designer Pro and Premier does. It may be that you were reading something intended for Pro and not for Suite.

I do know what you are speaking of in terms of legacy plans symbols. What you can do is to open the dialog box of an electrical object and if you do not see an image of the object in its own dialog, you can then be sure it is one of the objects the software is complaining of. Then delete the offending object and replace it with one from your "Library Browser". Having to check each electrical object may be tedious but that method will work to eliminate the error message, once you have found them all.

DJP

Electrical.jpg