Second Story over Middle Section in Tri-Level Split Home

Kristine

Your posted image says "Client Viewer" which is for viewing plan files created in Chief Architect Premier only. It is not capable of creating a thing, only viewing what others have created in Chief Architect Premier.

If you, in fact, have Home Designer Pro 2016, it does have the ability to create up to three, above ground, story buildings and structures. Why does your posted image say "Client Viewer"? 

How to create a new floor is covered in detail, in your "Reference Manual" and "Users Guide" that can be found under the "Help" menu in Home Designer Pro 2016 when the software is open and running.

Are you using a "Client Viewer" or are you, in fact, using Home Designer Pro 2016, please?

DJP

12 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Your posted image says "Client Viewer" which is for viewing plan files created in Chief Architect Premier only. It is not capable of creating a thing, only viewing what others have created in Chief Architect Premier.

The image is a scan taken from a plan created by a draftsman. I have attached it purely as a reference to show what I am trying to create.

12 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

How to create a new floor is covered in detail, in your "Reference Manual" and "Users Guide" that can be found under the "Help" menu in Home Designer Pro 2016 when the software is open and running.

Yes, I'm aware of that though am having trouble due to the tri-level structure. I need to place a second story over the middle section however walls are generating at the height of the lowest section (I think) and I can't figure out how to adjust things. Everything I've tried just looks very muddled.

Thank you David. Yes, my problem must have been the gable roof. The walls I was generating were being cut off under it.

Eric, thank you also. I did create a new blank floor as you suggested though like I said, the walls weren't working because of the gable roof.

Will see if I can get it right now!

Thanks so much. 

4 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Eric, thank you also. I did create a new blank floor as you suggested though like I said, the walls weren't working because of the gable roof.

Which is why i suggested you auto build the roof and 

10 hours ago, solver said:

You should always get the structure (floors and walls) correct prior to working on the roof.