Removing deck rails/balusters

ICONDEV

Thank you.  I have inserted wall breaks, but when I highlight the new section and apply the changes it changes the entire front deck rail instead of just the highlighted section created by the Break.

Thoughts? 

37 minutes ago, Jo_Ann said:

After placing the wall breaks:

Highlight the section, zoom in, and slightly off-set the section from the rest of the rail.  Then apply the changes.

You should also be able to reverse the wall using the Reverse Layers command if available.

The program sees this as a different wall type and will not automatically join.

• Like 1

ICONDEV,

There is so MUCH that you can do to improve your 3d viewing.

Examples:

The deck fireplace.

The board & batten barn siding.

The interior fireplace...instead of saying corner fireplace/no hearth/beam mantle, make your own fireplace from scratch.

Start experimenting!

image.thumb.png.73c582a0825e4a18de9c6d5cfe506c9c.png image.thumb.png.c792099cf01c86f12cf98f4c07899be5.png  image.thumb.png.e29d52fa423e900e2823bbc7e466b8d8.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

After placing the wall breaks:

Highlight the section, zoom in, and slightly off-set the section from the rest of the rail.  Then apply the changes.

It Worked! Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

ICONDEV,

There is so MUCH that you can do to improve your 3d viewing.

Examples:

The deck fireplace.

The board & batten barn siding.

The interior fireplace...instead of saying corner fireplace/no hearth/beam mantle, make your own fireplace from scratch.

Start experimenting!

image.thumb.png.73c582a0825e4a18de9c6d5cfe506c9c.png image.thumb.png.c792099cf01c86f12cf98f4c07899be5.png  image.thumb.png.e29d52fa423e900e2823bbc7e466b8d8.png

Thank you. I know! I’m just doing what i can to teach myself this on the side (not my main job) through video tutorials and this super helpful forum.

I learn more with every single cabin I  design (built 4 so far!)  but I could never do it without this DIY software and all of the people help on this forum. 

I will circle back and try and figure out the fireplace if you can point me in the right direction ;-)