Missing Floor / Floor disappeared

12Pearl

in one of my rooms the floor just disappeared and I can see the grass underneath in the 3D view. All rooms next to it are fine. When opening up that room for editing all the values are the same as on the neighboring rooms. Further when I open up the a wall to the neighboring room nothing changes. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have added the signature, thank you for the tip. I tried to attach the file, but it is too large to be attached. I have instead attached a few screenshots. I hope this helps. 

Thanks

Home Designer Architectural 2018

missing floor 1.PNG

missing floor 2.PNG

missing floor 3.PNG

My prior advice is not true for Architectural but at that time I did not know what you have, software wise. The only thing I noticed from your posted images, other than the missing floor is that that space's Room Specification Dialog shows that the defaults for "Stem Wall and Floor" are unchecked. That indicates to me that you are not then following the defaults preset for the software (a common new user mistake which causes no end of trouble). In " Edit - Default Settings- Current Floor" you define what the majority settings are for the current floor. When you skip that which defeats entirely how the software is designed to work, you get the software as an opponent instead of a helper.

I cannot tell just from your images what is going on. There are two things you can do if you wish to get any useful help:

1. Create a zip file of your plan using the "File - Backup Entire Plan" command which should create a small enough file archive to share here

2. Make a "Save as" copy of your plan, removing non-essential objects like plants, furniture-just walls, roofs, windows and doors and then .zip that for sharing here. Without your plan file, all we can do is guess. With your file, we can carefully inspect and find exactly what is wrong.

.zip files compress .plan files to a smaller overall size which makes them easier to comply with the attachment size requirement of the software forum.

DJP

If you have not already solved your "no floor" problem then please try making a copy of your plan file and compress it into a .zip file to share here. I am sure that there are many here who can solve your problem once they have the file.

How to create a compressed zip file in Windows:

Using Windows Explorer you locate the plan file, "right-click" on it and select from the resulting choices "Send to" "Compressed Archive". That command then makes a smaller version in terms of kilobytes your plan file and with the smaller size, it can then be more easily shared here. Give it a try, please.

DJP