How to get roof planes on same level?

dylantuttle2015

I'm trying to build a shed roof that goes all the way across the front of the house but they are at two different "heights" right now and I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix this. I had great luck on here solving my roof problems last time so I'd appreciate any help you guys have! I attached a picture of what it looks like currently and a picture of what I want it to look like.

Thanks

I'm using Home Designer Architectural 2019

two story house.plan

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 2.02.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 2.02.59 PM.png

You have TERRAIN in your garage.
Your terrain has been built on floor 2.  Delete it, and rebuild on floor 1. Open the terrain dbx, uncheck "automatic" and set the height to 26".

In the garage, draw a room divider wall,  aligned with the exterior wall on the 2nd floor.
Open the front part of the garage "room", and lower the finished ceiling to  115 5/8".
 After the roof is correct (and never needing to rebuild again), you can delete the invisible wall.

Sorry DJP.  :P

image.thumb.png.3acf34a1c52889a4ef37eaf2626c8245.png

Jo Ann,

Thanks for replying, however I don't understand your first step with the terrain. I can manage the second step with dividing the room and the moving the ceiling etc. but I'm still fairly new to this and don't quite get what you're saying in the first section there. Could you walk me through that a little more simply?

PS. I'm going with the single gable over the windows on the second floor

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

I don't get this

You have TERRAIN in your garage.
Your terrain has been built on floor 2.  Delete it, and rebuild on floor 1. Open the terrain dbx, uncheck "automatic" and set the height to 26".

21 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

I understand this.

In the garage, draw a room divider wall,  aligned with the exterior wall on the 2nd floor.
Open the front part of the garage "room", and lower the finished ceiling to  115 5/8".
 After the roof is correct (and never needing to rebuild again), you can delete the invisible wall.

Sorry DJP.  :P

image.thumb.png.3acf34a1c52889a4ef37eaf2626c8245.png

13 minutes ago, solver said:

What don't you understand?

Delete it, and rebuild on floor 1. Open the terrain dbx, uncheck "automatic" and set the height to 26".

I don't know how to delete and rebuild the terrain on floor 1 and I don't know where to find the terrain dbx. I apologize as I'm sure it's super easy and I'm just not seeing it right away as I'm still getting familiar with the features of this program.

Switch to the second floor if not already there. Click the terrain perimeter (the cad line that defines the terrain boundary) and delete it.

Go to the 1st floor and create a new terrain. Select it as above and open it, or just double click it to open and adjust.