Living Area Label

mgsturgeon

Does anybody know how to get the label showing the total living area for what floor you're viewing to appear? At some point along the chaos of putting this home design together I must have deleted the label on the 1st floor and can't seem to find out how to get it back. It's certainly not crucial and a minor inconvenience at best, but it's bugging me that I can't find out how to get it back, or toggle between it showing or not showing. I've attached images of what I'm talking about. Thanks!

1st floor.jpg

2nd floor.jpg

That's an interesting layout, I'll have to try that out for sure! I have an option like this I was mulling over. making the half bath a laundry room and modifying the entrance to include a bathroom. I really enjoy this stage of the design, it's like trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together in the most efficient way possible.

3B.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow!! This is another great example of a 2D floor plan with sizzle with using the HD products.  I know that you may take this for granted that you are able to achieve this, but it is totally magnificent.  Jo_Ann you are once again a miracle worker... showcasing the possibilities with the HD products.. Your 2 color 2D floor plan is really stellar.  I look forward to trying this out on my next plan..You unlocked the power in showing how you took a nice looking plan and made it look even better with just the enhancement of colors.  Thanks again for going one step above and sharing this on the forum.  It is one thing to be told that you can do something, it is an entirely different thing when you show an actual rendition of something from black and white to color...  Thanks again for going a step further in your explanation.

@Donco15

What are you raving about -- the blue and yellow walls? That's the way all Chief Architect/Home Designer products looked using the defaults prior to the 2019 versions. 

For some reason, they changed to gray wall fills for the recent versions.

I have never seen this before in my life.. Therefore it really stood out as impressive to me.. I have been looking for interesting ways to make my 2D plans look interesting for awhile. This multi colored 2D plan amazed me... Apologies for raving about something that is known by masters of the product such as yourself.  It is amazing to me that the program can do something that I have always wanted it to do.  I learn so much by working on the program and reading the comments on the forum... Thanks for not holding this against me for loving something so simple yet amazing to me.

@solver

Question:  Is there anyway to change the colors of the lines to make them more colorful like in the past?

I know that I can add color to the inside of an area with all sorts of things... It is the exterior lines that are of interest to me.

Thanks for your feedback

@solver

OMG!!! I am jumping for Joy!!!

This is fabulous.... Thanks for sharing this tidbit... 

Note: I have been in this area before, but never toyed around with it in depth..

This is a Game Changer for my 2D plans...

You ARE MY Hero!!!  

Thanks again for helping me understand more of the power of this program...