Stair rail that ends at wall on one side

SandraA

I'm trying to build a staircase similar to the attached "desired staircase" picture, where the stair rail is continuous to the top on the left side of the staircase, but ends part way up the staircase into a wall on the right side. (I am NOT trying to bend the railing at the top left rail as in this picture.) The stairs are slightly wider at the bottom on the right side, to accommodate the rail that meets the wall.  If I put the staircase intersecting the wall, I find no way to end the rail at the wall and my wall is broken in 3D camera views and (see drawing attached). The winder feature does not work, as it assumes the stairs wind to the wall on the open (left) side of the staircase rather than on the (right) side with the wall. The closest I can get is to build two separate staircases, but I cannot find a feature to connect them, such that the stringer will look continuous where they meet. I was able to extend the stringer at the top of the lower staircase to get close to the bottom of the higher staircase, but they are still separated by 1" behind the top tread of the lower staircase. I have Home Designer Pro 2017. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Desired staircase with rail ending in wall.png

HD Pro staircase with broken wall.png

HD Pro two staircases with gap.png

The only way, in HD Pro that I can think of, would be to emulate the handrail using a custom sized sloped soffit for the additional handrail or you could make such a thing and have it round by making such a custom object in Sketch UP and then import it as a symbol into Pro.

DJP

Try using 2 stairs, side by side.

Make the left one full height, railing on left only.

Make the right one narrow -- maybe 5", with 4 risers and a single railing.

Once the left stair is correct, Copy/Paste In Place. Edit it to change its specs and then move it to the right.

ht1.thumb.jpg.8426631918185bd7cccbc74378f811ea.jpg