Stairs

Zahida

I'm am new to this software.

I'm having problems making the staircase. Its goes up and then turns left to 2nd floor landing. There is no modals or blocks that I can use.

Also in the videos is there no video clips which shows how to measure a distance from a

Wall to wall so you know one has placed in the right area

This is my first client and really need to impress them to get the job.

My client is wanting to put in concrete steps and glass railings. There will be no landing at the beginning of the staircase.

Please someone guide me.

20180705_104055.jpg

20180705_104108.jpg

20180705_104114.jpg

IMG-20180605-WA0076001.jpg

Zahida,

You need to share with us also what software and what its version number is, without knowing that, no one can help but rather guess as to what to say to help you. Stairs are demanding in terms being precise and methodical, it requires lots of practice after carefully reading the documentation about "Stairs" in your Reference Manual (found under the "Help" menu in your software). What software do you have?

DJP

The glass rail is going to be problematic with ANY Home Designer software. Any version of Chief Architect Premier can do the glass rail easily but a lot more difficult in Home Designer, without the adjunct use of Sketch Up to make the glass rail symbol to import into Home Designer.

DJP

That being the case your hardest part after the custom winder stairs shown in my videos above, will be the glass railing. I will see if HD Pro 2018 can use the railing tool for that, if successful I will post a video of the results of my experiment or a message of failure.

DJP

• Upvote 1

I have never liked using Sketch UP so I never learnt how to use it.

Chief Architect Pro or and version is new to me. I want to learn this problem and I'm a quick learner I will 

learn as I go along. 

I was successful in creating a glass railing for a stair object in Home Designer Pro 2019 (My license for Home Designer Pro 2018 lapsed) but never the less you should be able to do what I show in the video in Home Designer Pro 2018. As soon as the video is formatted I will post it here like the others.

DJP

• Upvote 1

I never learned how to use Sketch Up either but I have always been able to create simple custom objects using it for import into Home Designer titles. Sketch Up is very easy to use for symbol making, especially relatively simple objects like glass railings and other Architectural appliques.

DJP

5 minutes ago, Zahida said:

I'm going to try the rectangular Polyline and see what happens. 

I'll update you if I'm successful or not :)

A rectangular Polyline will NOT work for the glass railing, watch my video where I show you what DOES work please.

DJP

Polylines converted to landings works for winder custom stairs as shown in the earlier videos, I was referring specifically to the Glass Railing video, you have two issues: 1. custom winder stairs and secondly, glass railings. two videos are for the custom winders and the third one is for just glass railing. You could not have picked a more advanced thing to do in HD Pro than what you are doing, I wish you complete success!

DJP

• Upvote 1