3D Model import - Textures missing

TominOhio

I have had success downloading additional 3D content from various sites on the internet.  Recently I downloaded some files from the 3D Library (specifically, from DalTile).  After I imported the file into the Home Designer Architectural library, I received a message that 1317 items were successfully imported.  However, when I open up the DalTile file in the library (e.g. , DalTile\Ceramic\Brixton), I get a listing of the different tiles with each one indicating the texture is missing.  I was able to import other files successfully without getting the “Texture Missing” note, but this  has happened on a couple of files I imported lately.  Is there a step that typically causes the “Texture Missing” note that I have failed to do?  I'm  hoping someone can just say, "You get that message when you ..." (fingers crossed).

texture missing.png

Well, I figured out my problem.  I was unzipping the file before importing it to HDA.  When I downloaded and saved the file and then imported it to the HDA library, everything worked fine.

If you downloaded it from the Home Designer Catalog webpage, it should have worked. If you downloaded it from elsewhere, probably not. Where did you download the library file from, please? If you did not obtain it from the Home Designer website, then try again from there. You can also manually install the Dal tile library using your Library-Import Library file command.

DJP

David, I downloaded it from Chief Architect's 3D Library.  When I download a file, my WinZip opens and asks if I want to save the file or unzip it.  I was unzipping it, which didn't work.  When I just saved it and then imported it using the Library\Import Library command, it worked fine.  Problem solved.  Thanks for your response.  

Tom