Front stoop with full basement underneath

Clark1971

Hello, My name is Brandon and I am new to the forum and trying to learn the in's and out's of Home Designer Pro 2019. 

I have drawn a stoop at the front entry of the home. I want a basement room under the front stoop. As you can see from the attachment, I have added a 6" concrete slab over the top of the foundation walls. Here are the issues with what I have drawn and can't seem to figure out how to fix. 

1. There is about a 4" piece of stucco wall shown cutting through the 6" concrete slab where the front foundation wall supports the slab.
  2. On three of the walls surrounding the stoop, there is a 4" cutout of the stucco revealing the plywood behind the stucco. I was able to grab the wall assembly (camera view) on the right side of the front door and drag it down to cover the cutout section. I am not able to do that with the other two walls for some reason. The program will not allow me to drag them like I did the first.

Thank you in advance for any direction you might be able to give me.

Sincerely, 

Brandon

Home Designer Professional 2019

Front Stoop.jpg

Edited by Clark1971

Experiment with making the stoop a defined room -- maybe a Utility room, and redefine the floor structure.

You should automatically get the basement space.

Posting your plan file will generally help others help you. Make sure Pro is closed before attaching the plan.