skp files

Pats359

I have a question regarding a skp file I downloaded (free source). I really have read all the questions and answers in the forum on this subject and I have not found an answer. The image is in my library. I can display the 2D and the 3D image. However, I can not view any dimensions on either view. It is a conservatory that I would like to use in an exiting plan. I would like to re-create the image but I can't find any dimensions or structure info. If anyone can help, I would be ever so grateful. Pats  

Symbols use images in plan views and the symbol's 3D faces to be seen in camera views (that is how they are programmed to work, whether as an imported symbol or like the symbols that come with your software. Your Software is not programmed to natively dimension to them like other 3D objects like walls, cabinets, fixtures etc. If your software has the "Tape Measure" tool under "Dimension Tools" you can at least get an approximation of its dimensions and also via the symbol's own Dialog Box where you should be able to see a display of three dimensions that define the symbol's size.

DJP