Gull Wing Roof

ElkRivers

Can anyone help me?

I'm trying to re-create a roof situation where only part of the roof plane is a gull wing roof, and only on one side of the gable.  It is to cover the part of the upstairs bedroom that sticks out from the main exterior wall.  I want a 5/10 pitch until 3'6" in from the baseline, and then 10/12 pitch but can't get it to show up when I try.

The last screen shot (elevation) shows the condition I'm trying to achieve.  I had previously drawn it as two roof planes.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 7.50.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 7.58.43 AM.png

Marttinen_2018_change_roof.plan

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 8.06.26 AM.png

Thank you, David.  

Yes, it does help.  But the reason I want the gull wing roof is to visually bring the tall roofline down a couple of feet, and to add a bit of interest by having another slope on the end.  Could you tell me why it doesn't work when I try to specify the lower and upper roof pitches?

Thanks.

Karen

In order for auto-build roofs to work in this case you would either have to work out the exact setting in that single wall the exact height for the transition of the second roof plane. I myself would just draw it manually using trial and error until I got just the right combination of pitches to get the desired result (I never was good at math per se, so manual roofs, trial and error works best for me).

DJP

My take on doing the Gullwing manually.

I'll suggest Jo Ann shows the baseline in the wrong spot on the lower roof plane. Let the program auto build and this configuration and see where the baselines are.