Interior room floor planks in Architectural

TominOhio

I am using HD Architectural 2019 and am interested in what determines the direction of planking in interior wood flooring. I have scoured the videos, reference manual, and user guide and haven't found any information on this. When I select wood flooring as the floor material in my design, it applies an east-west direction of the wood planks and I would like the orientation to be north-south.  Is this something that can be changed in HD Architectural?  If it cannot be changed in Architectural, is this feature offered in HD Pro?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Good question. The wood floor planking material is made of two parts. I thought that perhaps I could load a custom made bump map, that had the plank shapes rotated as you mention, to use with the color map. I went to look at some examples in my install and it seems you can not access the "planking" bump maps in the Architectural version.

Maybe that is a Professional feature?

It can be changed in Pro. Try looking at your default materials. When you find the flooring being used, select it, then look for the "edit" in the top right corner. There you can change angles in properties and the texture sections.

JoAnn, thank you very much.  In the knowledge base, I found a great article on how to modify materials - specifically how to rotate them.  https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00863/rotating-the-direction-of-a-material.html)  There are a lot of other aspects of a given material that can be changed.  I didn't know we had that much flexibility on the materials.  This is great and it opens up all sorts of possibilities.  I'm glad you steered me to the knowledge base.  Thanks again.

Tom