Issue with basement stairs directly below main stairs

Morribow

Hey all,

I am a newbie to Home Designer Pro and enjoying this program immensely. I have come across a challenge that has me stumped. I have a home design where the basement stairs are directly below the main level stairs. As you can see from stairs-pic01, stairs-pic02 and stairs-pic03, structurally everything is correct - outside of the missing stairwell to the basement (and no comments on the custom railings above. work in progress). This where things get challenging. If I add the auto stairwell to the basement level - 1. it shows the gap between the floors (see stairs-pic04) and 2. additionally creates an opening plus railings at the foot of the main level stairs (see stairs-pic05).

In addition, I have even tried creating an open area under the stairs, but this has either made walls disappear, caused unexpected results with the basement stairs or created a similar issue to stairs-pic04 on all sides.

My suspicion is the placement of one set stairs of over the other is the root cause, but I have measured everything to spec and this is how the house is built. Is there any solution to this problem or will I be stuck with not having the open stairwell to the basement? Again, I am new to the program so this could understandably be a simple error on my part.

Stairs-Pic-01.jpg

Stairs-Pic-02.jpg

Stairs-Pic-03.jpg

Stairs-Pic-04.jpg

Stairs-Pic-05.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. I have added signature with details.

I actually the had the structure complete with exception of the figuring out the above challenge with the stairwell. I considered uploading my plan, but like some other posts I have read, the size of my plan far exceeds the upload limit.

I searched the knowledge Base for articles to resolve the dilemma, but couldn't find anything. If you know of any specific posts that tackled this issue, that would be helpful.