Patio Skirt / Pony Wall

AllenStoker

Working the exterior, I want to wrap the house with a couple feet of block at the bottom. I found it easy to create a Pony Wall, but I also need to wrap the patio, The pony wall doesn't work for a patio and I cant find a way to express the alternate 'material' on the patio skirt without changing the entire patio (including the surface :( ), If I create an actual wall, I can change it to a wall type of 'stone façade wall', but it's still a wall and generates ceilings and framing which isn't appropriate, and I can't figure out how to lower the entire wall either. 

What approach should I take to represent the patio skirt as 'stone covered'?

PatioPonyWall.jpg

Thanks for you response, not sure I understand your point … Changing the material covers the entire patio (skirt and surface) the same, are you suggesting two layers of slab? and if that is the answer, then won't that throw off the material volumes etc.? 

PatioPonyWall-2.jpg

Your porch would normally have a 4" slab on top of fill, with foundation walls supporting it. You would need to draw in your own foundation walls, which might be Pony Walls.

What I was suggesting is you create a surface to apply the stone to. It might be only 1/16" thick.

Because I don't know exactly what you want to do, I must give somewhat generic suggestions.