Room off of Stair Landing - Storage Space Under

solver

Have a room with access off a stair landing. Area under room will be used for storage and accessed from adjacent first floor room.

Drawn as a first floor room with elevated floor and roof -- thus no floor underneath on same plane as the first floor.

How do I get the missing floor?

Should be as simple as the actual framing.

How do I get the missing floor?

In your posted image the landing is the floor for that space. It may be that you cannot see the floor surface due to the material being set to "zero" thickness in the room specification dialog - Structure Tab. As Mick said whether you place your room on the first or second floor is your choice. Past that decision you use the resulting Room Specification Dialog to then define the other attributes of the room. It is not always crystal clear what a poster means when they make statements here so any additional data you can provide up to and or including a copy of the plan file really helps to clarify matters.

You cannot define two floor structures for a room (only one per floor) and even if you have so defined a floor structure it will not appear in camera views unless those layers are turned on (check marked) in "Display Options" for that camera view or plan view.

In Home Designer Pro you can emulate many things but manually but to comment further I need a more clear understanding of what you consider is "missing".

DJP