How to lock a Layout portal view

SchneiderIS

A frustration that I am having right now has to do with Layout mode and the placement of views to the layout page.  I Save to Layout the window/view that I want, but if I make changes somewhere else for the layers that I want displayed other views are changed.  

Is there a way to lock what layers are turned on for each of the views in a layout page?

I should note that I do not want to make the view an image.  I still want the flexibility to make edits to the drawing.  I just do not want to have the layers changing on me.

Since Home Designer Pro creates one .layout file per printed page, what you must do is to set up for and then print to PDF a single page before setting up for a second or third page. If you were to upgrade to Chief Architect Premier, who's layout contains up to 1.000 pages in a single .layout file and you also have differently named "layer sets"  and  "Annotation Sets" to further organize those views, keeping the sets of layers separate from other sets of layers (this is a major reason among reasons why Chief Premier is so much more expensive than Pro).

In short, Pro is not programmed to do as you wish, so you must work with the way it IS programmed to work as I opined above: complete a printed page, print it and then set up for the next page, print it to PDF and then set up for the next printed page etc.

The only solution possible is to either work with Pro as it was designed to work or upgrade to Premier and then learn how to use it.

DJP

Thanks David,

It is unfortunate that you have to upgrade to Chief for something that should be a "Pro" feature.  I guess the name "Pro" is not as complete as I would like.

If it were a suggestion, I think each View Port (not sure the official name to give the windows in Layout to the plan) should have its own metadata that describes what is being looked at.  The fact that you can't open more than one layout at a time is frustrating but workable.  The layer settings though is more of a significant limitation.

If I knew this was solved in 2019 it would motivate me to move up.  So far though I don't see any value in going to 2019 as there are very few improvements.

Eric, thanks for the pointers on the signature.  I have made the adjustments and let's see if it shows up now.

-Peter