Wall above stairs only

GlenHart

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Hi,

I have a staircase going to a loft storage area in the garage. I would like to like to have a wall on both sides of the stairs as you go up/down the staircase, but underneath the stair have it open.

I have tried a number of combinations, without luck.. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Home Designer Pro 2015.

This (I think) woiuld be accomplished by drawing the walls on either side of the stair object and then manually editing the wall-poly-lines of those walls in a cross section camera view to pull up part of the bottom of those walls.

When people post, it is not always quite clear exactly what you need and want but that is what I think you want to do and how I would go about it.

DJP

• Solution

David and Eric have you set in the right direction , turn off railings in the staircase DBX on the right and left then draw your two walls then in a 3d view select the wall and grab the edit handle and "pull" / "drag" the bottom of the wall up to the bottom of the stair slope. As David mentioned probably easiest in a Cross Section view rather than say a Full 3D Camera View but doable . As far as I know this only works in Pro as we are able to edit polylines.

M.

• Upvote 1