Truss roof over deck

Hilltopvince

I am using Home designer pro 2019  build 20.2.3.3.x64 date 25 April, 2018

I have reviewed and studied the tutorials, reference manual and users guide and most of David's youtube videos and am unable to get the a truss roof over a deck room.

Using the exterior wall tool I drew a box 20' x 50' and added a second story based on the first floor walls. I did not do any interior alls since I was doing a design for the deck only. I used the deck railing tool to bring a deck off the house structure that is 14' from the house exterior wall and 20' long. In edit - set defaults - framing - I unchecked auto build roof.  and edit - set defaults - roof - I unchecked auto build roof. The (2) 14' walls I selected hip roof with a 3" pitch.  The front 20' wall I selected full gable wall for roof setting.  In the room specification window the room is deck and I have the roof over room and flat ceiling checked as well as use soffit material on ceiling. Then under roof tools - build roof - I selected build roof planes. Roof planes were reflected in plan view. Then I selected roof framing tools - and the truss tool - Placed the marker on the outside wall (on the 14' wall) and drew across the the opposite 14' wall. And I get the error message cannot generate truss because no roof planes were found.  The roof planes are there. I also tried manually building the ceiling and roof planes but get the same results,

What I need is this room to be a 14' x 20' patio (with a 4" concrete slab) (ceiling height would be 8' with the top of the slab set down a few inches from the main structure floor) with a truss constructed roof over it, sitting on 6x6 post and beams. I did try using the exterior wall tool instead of the deck railing and was able to put the trusses in.

Thanks, VINCE

Naming a space "Deck" by default the space is set, on the structure tab to "NO CEILING", if this is the case then the truss tool would not work because it is programmed to fill the "void" created between the flat ceiling and the underside of roof planes. Check for that as it is probably the main cause of the truss tool not working.

DJP