multiple structures in one plan

UserAaron123

I am using HD Suite 2018.

I have a main house and would like to add to the same project a detached garage and pool house. However, when I build these structures and try to add foundations or roofs, my main house foundation is deleted and the roof goes wacky. Is there a work around for this?

If your main house foundation is something that might be altered by choosing the 'build foundation' command, then you will have to manually build the foundations for the 2 new structures.

If you turned off 'auto build roof' and then changed something in the main house (ceiling heights for example), then the 'build roof' dialog will mess things up.  You HAVE to use the 'build roof' command to put a roof on the 2 new buildings.  So, you will need to backstep whatever you did in the main house (to get that roof built correctly again).

Any version of Home Designer is programmed to assume that all structures are to be rebuilt each time you order roofs and foundations that all structures get new foundations and roofs when you create new structures per instance of you ordering them built UNLESS if you draw the foundations manually yourself a wall at a time using the wall tool. Roofs are rebuilt EVERY time for all structures each time you order a roof built, it builds them all from scratch. Like it or not, that is the way it is programmed to work and you must find ways to work with that fact to get an acceptable result.

The software is programmed to treat each structure (Doesn't matter if you have one or fifty, it is programmed to treat them as ONE structure), so it is incumbent upon you to understand that limiting fact and work with it to still gain your wanted result anyway.

If any settings are off that should be on or any settings are wrongly set or not, you will only get a positive result when all settings are RIGHT for what you intend to get. IN any case, best of success.

DJP

52 minutes ago, UserAaron123 said:

Would upgrading to pro and manually drawing roofs solve my issue?

Once you have learned, studied how to apply Home Designer Pro's tools, then yes. Software by itself does NOTHING, it is you and your competence that always makes the difference.

DJP