Zero entry floor trusses

ElkRivers

Hello,

Does anyone know how to draw a floor truss that is only top-chord bearing, so that the rest of the truss hangs into the basement?  We are trying to show a "zero-entry" condition on the main floor.  A builder I talked to said that is how it would be built, over 3 sill plates, over the top of the poured basement wall. 

I can't find any information on drawing it...

Thanks.

Erik, my attitude is this, only State Licensed Structural Engineers are the only legal persons, assigned by all 50 states to adjudicate structural matters, not me, not you and not your contractor. He may be spot on as to how the structural will be handled but you and he cannot legally show such as the case. That said, a conceptual floor truss can be drawn and labeled "Conceptual" for visual purposes. Spending a lot of elbow grease on something you are not allowed to portray by law, IMHO is a waste of time but can be done if you insist.

The truss tool is programmed to fill the void you specify for the structural platform per floor, then truss objects are then manually drawn only within that structural envelope Not outside of it. So the truss tool as I understand your need, will not work and would have to be done manually. You would have to create a regular floor truss and then manually modify it so it goes beyond its programmed limits, then place the manually modified trusses manually. Personally, I would not bother but that is just my opinion.

DJP

Modifying a generated truss is easy to do in Chief Architect -- do not think it can be done in Pro.

Could you show us a detail showing what you want to model?

You might create a truss, then add a framing member to the top.

You could create the truss in SketchUp and import as a symbol.