How to draw a slab for a roof over a single storey.

Lucidhomes

Hi Everyone.

I'm very new to this program and i'm trying to set up my defaults for a very basic type of construction using cinder blocks and I want to make the roof a concrete slab that over hangs on all sides and it will be a green roof. Every time I add a floor and draw a slab it ends up in the air in 3d view. How can I add a slab that acts as the ceiling and roof to a single storey building please?

In Home Designer software you can draw slabs but not tilted slabs like a roof plane. Depending on what Home Designer title and version you have will determine what you can do to emulate what you wish, what do you have?

Once we know what software you have then more useful data can then come to you and your potential choices.

DJP

I utilise floors and turn off roof components for the 'riad' look...if that helps?

Create a room type - that is externally located, that is a slab.

It took me a while to work it out to make it all  look right - but client was happy.

Thing is I often create things to work for me - but forget how I did it...

I now make shorthand notes in a book. ( Not digitally - I use a notepad and pencil.)

Also easily found when needed.

Robborito_2.png

Robborito_1.png

Hi David,

I have Home Designer Pro 2019 20.2.3.3OSX. I just want to draw a flat roof terrace with a 1.2m wall around the perimeter to act as a balustrade. The flat roof will be waterproofed, a layer of geo fabric placed and have drainage cell sheets laid before soil and turf. The slab doesn't need to be visibly tilted. I can specify the fall ratio to the drainage points around the edges in seperate CAD details.

It's late night here in Aus so I'll open the file tomorrow......I thought I may have adjusted the wall height manually but just let me check that and get back to you. It was a sort of scratch and see...experimentation with the software use at the time. But quite achievable I recall. 

Post a screen capture of what you are seeing that you do not want or post a copy of your plan along with a simple sketch to, in a more detailed way, what you are trying to achieve, please. Language alone is a variable that often is insufficient to convey exact concepts about spacial things.

DJP

On 23/05/2018 at 4:19 PM, Lucidhomes said:

Hi Robborito,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried turning auto roof off. Are you just creating another storey and shortening the walls of the upper level?

Hopefully - these screen shots of my model explain what I did to achieve this;

I have highlighted the storey in purple and room area specification  info I utilised to do this with;

I also placed a capping on the balustrade wall/parapet - whatever you guys call it.

Hope this helps explanation. 

I could post the model I guess - if necessary.

Regards.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.09.48 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.10.13 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.11.24 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.22.16 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.42.32 am.png