Wall Material Below a Chair Rail

saeedjones

Because Suite doesn't have the 'wall covering' function, you will have to do a work-around.

Use a soffit or a box shape, (made very thin)  placed up against the wall,  and sized to cover the wall space below the chair rail.

Add your material to that.

3 hours ago, solver said:

Read about Wall Covering in the documentation.

Thank you both for your very speedy replies.

Maybe I failed to clearly explain what I was trying to do. I don't actually want a chair rail, but I wasn't sure how to phrase my question

I want to add ceramic tiles to the lower 5 feet of the bathroom, with drywall above.

I have been using Home Designer Suite since 2016 (regularly updating every year) and I seem to vaguely remember that it was possible but I just can't find it.

I hope I have made my problem a little clearer.

Regards,

Saeed

Many thanks Eric, I will give it a try.

I have just read:   Wall Coverings* allow for multiple materials applied to a wall segment or a whole room using the Wall Covering panel. 
*Available in the Home Designer Interiors, Home Designer Architectural, and Home Designer Pro

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00583/adding-tile-to-walls.html

so that's probably why I am having difficulty using the basic SUITE

Regards,

Saeed

Further to my last message.

If I purchase 'Home Designer Interiors' will it work with 'Home Designer Suite 2019' and enable me to add ceramic tiles to the lower 5 feet of the bathroom, with drywall above.

Regards,

Saeed

PROBLEM SOLVED

I downloaded a TRIAL version of 'Home Designer Interiors 2019' and I was easily able to convert my bathroom walls  to ceramic tiles to the lower 5 feet of the bathroom, with drywall above.  I wasn't able to save in the trial version, so I purchased the full version for $79.

Now when I make adjustments with INTERIORS it automatically shows the same in SUITE.

Again very many thanks for all the help.

Regards,

Saeed