Insulation under foundation slab

MAKO67

In Home Designer Pro 2018, I would like to be able to define a slab that is sitting on the foundation footing (and defined in the foundation section of the default settings).

Specifically the slab would be defined as the top layer being concrete (with reinforcing steel mesh), the next layer below that is EPS rigid insulation (at various thickness) and the next layer below that is vapour barrier, drain tile, etc. i.e. be able to define the slab similar to the way that walls can be defined. Is this possible? 

Specifically I want these layers to show in the section drawings (see attached) and also appear on the materials list. Thanks in advance!

Maria

Untitled.jpg

Edited by MAKO67
to show software year

Hi Eric, Thanks for your response. I have updated my original post to reflect the software version. Not sure if the self-help note is a generic one or if you were directing that as an answer to my question? I have already tried to find the answer in the places you mentioned prior to posting my question.

Hi, The floor structure is actually being supplied by the foundation below as a slab that sits on the footing. I am unable to define any additional layers other than the thickness of the slab. There is no place for me to define that there is insulation UNDER the slab. I can make a workaround by defining the floor in the foundation as being 4" of rigid insulation (but I can;t add any other layers such as vapor barrier or drain tile), then I can go to Level 1 and select the room above the foundation and define the floor finish (since floor of insulation is supplied by foundation below) and I can select 4" of concrete. However this omits all of the rebar calculations from the material list. Anyone have any better way of doing this?

16 minutes ago, MAKO67 said:

However this omits all of the rebar calculations from the material list.

I would let the contractor doing your concrete work calculate rebar/mesh. It can vary from what the software shows depending on local customs/codes.

And draw a CAD detail showing your floor assembly.