Center camera on point default

rfcomm2k

Is it possible in HD Pro 2014 to change the camera default so it centers on the point that defaults to the center of the screen? When I activate the camera it always defaults to centering on the camera itself. So when I move the mouse the camera rotates around the object, instead of rotating the object in front of the camera.

I don't use it but it sounds like you want the "3D Center Camera on Point" view  ( same menu as mouse -orbit, mouse-pan etc)

click the view then use the mouse to place the point where you want it , eg center of Ridge , then use the mouse or arrow keys to spin the model depending on how you have arrow keys and mouse setup on the 3D Menu. 

Mick.

As far as I know that menu always defaults back to Mouse Orbit , best idea would be to email support and ask , however if you draw your full camera carefully extending the camera line to the 3d Point you want you get the same effect using mouse orbit , which is what I do usually , if I want to spin around the model.

M.

you can spin the model in Overview (any?) Mode with CTRL+ALT+S   or by Orbiting the model in the direction you want and letting go of the mouse button , the faster you move the mouse the faster the spin , reclicking the window or pressing ESC will stop the spin.

check out the Reference manual too pages 644-645 in mine under Overview Direction Tools