PDF converter for OS X

warrenwest

I have been looking for a PDF converter for OS X so that I can send plans/elevations and renderings to clients. Last night I tried a free one off the app store but it did not support the files in HD pro, so my question is to other OS users, what do you recommend? 

I am not sure what you mean by "...it did not support the files in HD pro.", I mean what you do is to install the PDF printer software, set up its drivers for the intended paper size and then select it as your "printer" of choice and then "print" (create) your PDF document. Then you create your layout pages and one by one print them to PDF format. You can print to PDF (create a PDF document) directly from a plan view but I prefer doing so from a layout file since this tends to look more professional and organized.

What did you actually do instead of the above, I wonder?

DJP

David, thank you for your step by step instructions. I sense that you realize that you are dealing with an absolute technologically incompetent muppet. I salute you Sir because you are absolutely correct :) 

Nevertheless, I will soldier on and conquer this demon in time with your guidance ! 

Thanks again

W

You download and install the software (if it is free then beware of bloat-ware that usually comes with "FREE" software ie.DO NOT SELECT "EXPRESS INSTALL" EVER, EVER, EVER!!!

What you do, DO is to "Custom Install" such applications so you can carefully read and uncheck the unwanted "free" applications (bloatware-malware-annoyance-ware) that "pays" for it being "free". You just wnat the useful part so make sure you just allow the useful part to install.

Then, once installed you set it up as if it were a physical printer (paper size, orientation, color or b&w etc) and make sure you properly set up Home Designer Page Set Up to match the intended PDF paper size (very important) and then, only after you have checked and double-checked your PDF printer settings and Print-Page Set Up Settings do you then "print" a PDF document.

Happy hunting.

DJP

Did you try the inbuilt "Save to PDF"  to see what size the file is? maybe they fixed it? but I saw reports of files sizes of 80mb on Chieftalk , to0 big to email and in some cases Print on a printer , one User is (was?)  transferring files back to his old PC via network or USB Key to Print or Email. 

• Upvote 1