360 panoramic quality

Angie15

The first change I would recommend is bumping the image size from 4K to 8K.

Meaning, your current export was exported at 4096x2048 pixels. Bump this up to 8192x4096 pixels and see how that looks to you.

Otherwise, it looks fine, I'm not seeing any obvious issues.

8 minutes ago, KirkClemons said:

The first change I would recommend is bumping the image size from 4K to 8K.

Meaning, your current export was exported at 4096x2048 pixels. Bump this up to 8192x4096 pixels and see how that looks to you.

Otherwise, it looks fine, I'm not seeing any obvious issues.

Thank you Kirk, but I am unable to export higher than that.

When I chose anything higher it automatically bumps me back to down to 4096x2048. How do I get higher?

If you take two 360 panoramic image where the camera distance between the two camera is around 8-10 cm and they pointing the same place you can create a fake 360 3D image. Fake, because 3D in one direction. And the scale is a little bit off in my "Oculus 360 Photos" program I don't know why. Just put the right image below the left one in an image editor. Just compare the two image below.

KonyhaHD-360-8cm.jpg

KonyhaHD-360-10cm-L.jpg

On 4/16/2018 at 5:35 PM, KirkClemons said:

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior. Just type in 8192 in the width field and press the Tab key to let it update the height. Then click OK.

export-options.jpg

Thanks, I managed to do it at 8192. When I entered like 6000 it simply defaulted back to 4096. I also tried at 12288, but that also reset back to 4096. It does look slightly better, but I'm still not 100% happy. Thank you for your help :)

No, I've left the dialog boxes as they are. 

I'm just not happy with the overall quality, the sharpness in particular. Its fuzzy and blurry and the 360 image doesn't look the same as the 3D view on my screen. 

Its not only the 360 that I have a problem with. Its the export quality/resolution in general. 

For example, I originally had HDS 2009 which exported at 96 dpi, then I upgraded to HDS 2018 and on the exact same computer, with the exact same plan only exported at 72 dpi. I since have a new PC and still cannot achieve anything more than 72 dpi. I have searched this forum and been unable to find any way of improving it. I have even connected my PC to the HD 48" TV/monitor and still only get 72dpi.  The only way I can get satisfactory results is if I print image to PDF at maximum (4000 dpi) then import to Photoshop  (which still only sees it as about 108dpi), then sharpen the image.  I understand that HDS is only $100 but Im very reluctant to pay for for HDS Pro or Premier given the above. If I cannot export images at least 300 dpi now, which in my opinion is the industry minimum, then why should I upgrade? I mean, sketch-up is free and does better images??

DPI is only important when printing. But, you will never see a difference when viewing the image on a screen because the screen will only show you what it is physically capable of showing.

So the image's pixel dimensions are what is important for viewing on a screen. So, to solve your problems we need to figure out why the program is not accepting any values above a certain amount.

I'll do a little research to see if there is a way for me to reproduce this behavior.

• 2 years later...
On 4/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, KirkClemons said:

DPI is only important when printing. But, you will never see a difference when viewing the image on a screen because the screen will only show you what it is physically capable of showing.

So the image's pixel dimensions are what is important for viewing on a screen. So, to solve your problems we need to figure out why the program is not accepting any values above a certain amount.

I'll do a little research to see if there is a way for me to reproduce this behavior.

In two fecking years nothing has changed. The software still does not use my GPU, yet it takes me 45seconds to make a change in PRB