Polyline Holes

Delain

I've been trying to follow along some of the tutorials I've found regarding different techniques for ceilings treatments (coffered, trey, etc.), most of course are in CA Premiere. I found one that shows how to use polyline shapes to create a hole area within another polyline shape converted to a countertop type.

Since I could not figure out how to mimic this in HD Pro, I went to its Reference Manual and found this section on page 175 (inserted image).

5ad232017248f_HDProPolylineHoles.thumb.png.c0311c2a1f6911bffc1f8342fef1c8c2.png

Drawing a polyline rectangle inside of another rectangle and converting both to a countertop (to test this out with), then checking the General panel of either shapes does not offer a "Hole in" checkbox as explained in the ref manual text.

What am I not understanding?

I can of course contact tech support, but wanted to toss this in here presuming that someone would know what I'm not doing correctly.

Thank you,

Delain

I don't believe any Home Designer product has the ability to create a hole area within another polyline shape as described above.

The only thing similar is the ability to use a Skylight to make a hole in a roof plane.

Well, yes I was, but that doesn't explain why the Reference Manual for HD Pro 2019 states that there are tools for making holes in polyline shapes.

Refer to the image I inserted.

I've sent a ticket to tech support; already presuming the response I will get.

Thanks for your input.

Delain

To answer this post I opened my copy of Home Designer Pro 2018 and looked finding that slabs can be custom created but not holes in slabs. In Chief Premier poly-line solids can be created in elevation views or plan views as well as cutting custom holes in them either way. You can take this up with Chief Architect Inc  and the people who create the documentation for Chief Perrier and Home Designer in terms of the publication error but the facts still remain.

DJP

You need to notice, that the reference page says "Many polylines",  NOT "All polylines".

The polyline 'hole' works as described if it is set into a 'terrain feature'.  Useful on the exterior, but can't be displayed inside a building.

For a ceiling treatment, you would need to use soffits or a custom countertop (depending on the shape that you need).  It's more work, but it is what it is.