File conversion

warrenwest

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Before I begin, I have searched the forum, rather unsuccessfully for the answer to my question. Granted, I have placed myself under a ridiculous amount of time pressure to learn a new operating system while also trying to figure out HD pro and trying to deliver a professional product to my clients :( 

I tried to send attachments of my plan layout and elevations to my clients for their input but of course they are unable to open these attachments. I then exported the files and sent them as jpg images but this looks rather tacky and unprofessional. is there a better way?

Once again, thank you all for your incredible amount of patience and help regarding my requests recently. It is sincerely appreciated.

W

• Solution

I share plans and plan views using "Cute PDF" (there are other free and paid PDF conversion tools, I just prefer Cute PDF). You print your PDF views from your "Layout File" so you can professionally arrange and scale your views, in color and black and white (most my remodeling contractor clients prefer black and white views unless I know rather exactly what materials are intended).

High quality color render views take time and skill so I recommend that you stick to b & w until you learn how to manipulate materials and lighting to get nice looking render views.

Attached is a simple kitchen remodel PDF I made for a recent project

DJP

Grazing Deer-letter-09242014.pdf

I too "Print" to PDF 1st ,using PDF995 but as far as I know neither PDF995 or CutePDF work with Mac OS   and although 2015 titles have a native "save to PDF" option , I think I read on the Chief Architect Forum that the MAC version of the software produces huge PDF files as there is an issue with the Mac PDF addon Chief is using apparently and it still hasn't been fixed. So you may need to find a Mac compatible PDF Print Driver to try instead as the Files from the Native "Save to PDF" maybe too large to email depending on Plan size.

As a Professional Designer did you consider Chief instead ?   Did you realise you can now Rent To Own Chief at $US200 month till it is paid off ?

( you get a full rebate for Pro if you upgrade to Chief BTW)

Mick.