Javid2017

How do I set up the preferences so the materials list ONLY includes what is new on the drawing? I use HDP2018 to remodel homes. Almost every finish, fixture, etc., is changed as well as some walls removed with new walls added. What I have found is the material list shows every single item to build the home from the ground up. 

5 minutes ago, Javid2017 said:

How do I set up the preferences so the materials list ONLY includes what is new on the drawing?

You can't.

You can create new materials and wall definitions. 

Create a Drywall, New material, for example, and use it on your new walls. The material list will show it and Drywall -- just ignore Drywall.

2 minutes ago, Javid2017 said:

So anything that is new - I should make "new" part of the description?

Yes you would have to create copy's of existing materials and apply those new materials to the new part of the construct, just saying "New" will not get the job done, it has to be a copy of the original material that has the original name + new as part of its file name in the plan you are working on.

DJP

The word new is not important -- that is, you just want the name to be different so you can tell them apart in the materials.

You could add existing, or anything to make the name unique.

It does not need to be a copy. You can create new materials, but creating copies is easiest.

• Upvote 1