cabinet doors

SAILOR139

Cabinet doors are usually spaced 3/16" to 1/4" from cabinet case or face frame due to the thickness of the quite closure button attached to the doors or drawer faces.  CA spaces the door 1/16" from face frame.  Is there a way to increase this distance to 3/16" or 1/4"?  I am providing cabinet details to a cabinet maker; hence, reason for above request.

1 hour ago, SAILOR139 said:

Cabinet doors are usually spaced 3/16" to 1/4" from cabinet case or face frame due to the thickness of the quite closure button attached to the doors or drawer faces.  CA spaces the door 1/16" from face frame.  Is there a way to increase this distance to 3/16" or 1/4"?  I am providing cabinet details to a cabinet maker; hence, reason for above request.

You are asking about the distance from the back of the door to the face of the cabinet?

I would simply spec the hinges to be used, not this distance. Typical hinges are adjustable in multiple directions.

Why do you see a need to provide this level of detail?

Thanks.  For my career I was a product designer; we were very detailed.  It is sometime difficult to ignore the detail.  But, you are right; it is not necessary for the cabinets.  I was exporting the cabinets to AutoCad and noticed the error.  I thought CA would have been more accurate in their presentation. 

I will follow your advice.

Not trying to tempt you away form exactness but programs like "20-20" are specifically designed for cabinet CAD and costs a lot more than any or all Home Designer titles added together. Most custom cabinet makers use "20-20". As a professional designer, the vast majority of my cabinet drawings are for the homeowners I serve, any cabinet maker worth his salt does his own measuring and their own drawings using "20-20" or some such, my drawings are used to conceptually communicate  the design intent to the cabinet professional who then creates their own drawings to actually build the cabinets from, not my drawings. I have been a successful Architectural Designer since the 1980's. Been using Chief Architect Premier since 1994 so this is not just my off the cuff opinion but based on successful experience.

DJP