Curbless Shower with 3" drop

Delain

I've searched through the forum for ideas on how to create a bathroom shower that is curbless(?) with about a 3" drop from the main bathroom floor but not finding enough to figure this out.

Can you point me to a tutorial that offers a similar solution perhaps?

This was one suggestion to another user's closely-related topic, in an old post, but with no explanation: "Have you tried just lowering the floor of the shower space?"

I've tried to determine how to do that, but since I don't have a full grasp of how foundations are constructed in HD Pro and since some of the Structure settings in the room dialog are grayed out, I don't know how to simply lower the portion dedicated to the shower.

Suggestions?

(I tried three times to remove/replace the inserted images, but the post editor acts like it cannot forget the images when I tried to replace them.)

Thank you,

Delain

image.png

Room Structure1.jpg

That's part of what is preventing me experimenting on my own with the exact suggestion you make with -3".

How can I input -3" in the Floor field when it is grayed out? In the screenshot I sent, it is disabled due to the current settings.
What needs to change so that field becomes available?

Thank you,

Delain

So, David, is that what you did; made the shower a "room" and modified the Structure settings so its Floor height would be a short distance lower than the main bathroom floor?

Thanks in advance,

Delain

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, DavidJPotter said:

Here is a recent example of such a shower I did.

DJP

recessed.jpg

DJP-

Great design.. Thanks for sharing..

What program did you use to make this bathroom?  

Thanks

D-

• 4 years later...