Cannot change bonus room wall height

TRYoung

I have created a bonus room over a garage in Home Designer Pro. Following an article found in the knowledge base (https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00904/creating-a-bonus-room-above-a-garage.html) I created a new floor and set the wall height to 3 feet by setting the ceiling height to 3 feet. That turned out to be too much for the size of the garage under it and the roof pitch. I actually need the shorter walls (non gable walls) to be about 1 foot at the most. I will be putting shorter walls inside to create side closets. My problem is that now I cannot change the height of those walls. I change ceiling height to 12" in both room specification and in the defaults for the current room and then go back to room specification and set as default. Nothing changes. Am I missing something or do I just need to delete that floor and start over?

3 hours ago, TRYoung said:

Am I missing something

Sounds like (without a copy of your plan, NO  ONE could be 100% certain, so what comes next is my guess). With an attic room, which it sounds like this is it is the roof planes and not the room specification dialog that determines the knee wall heights. It is usual that such rooms are commonly built underneath an existing roof system in what was attic space. Son the only way to control knee-wall height is by manually raising or lowering EXISTING roof planes!, commonly this is an unnecessary expense for a re-modeler (you work with what is already there, otherwise you have to remove the existing roof and build an entirely new roof system (a lot more expensive to do merely to control knee wall height). If you have money to burn, then control the knee wall heights with a completely new, manual roof system, otherwise, like every other remodel company anywhere you design the bonus room with the space that exists,

How I do this is by varying the width of the bonus room then and only then gives me control of the knee wall heights. By moving the knee walls inward or outward from the ridge of the roof then gives me control over knee wall height (not moving the roof planes or messing with the room specification dialog-ceiling height setting on the structure tab.

Only when you post a copy of your .plan file will anyone then be able to answer you with anything other than best guesses.

DJP

Home Designer Pro 2019

I thought I had auto roof on. Now I have rebuilt the roof and it lowered it to the ceiling height but caused a weird blow up of one wall and the other roof areas. Sample attached.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 9.50.17 AM.png

For some reason there were two walls on that side. I have deleted one and then the roof came back in line, but there is no bonus room now above garage. I see the walls on the second floor in the floor plan view and they look connected but it is not making a room.