Issues with DXFs exported from Home Designer Pro

ScottSchafer

The structural engineer I'm working with advised me to have a drafter produce final plans. The drafter asked me to export my plan as DXFs.

I used the "Export Current View (DXF...)" in 2D mode for each of my floors. For the front, back and side elevations, I created a 3D Orthogonal view, selected "View Directions" and then "Export Current View (DXF...)" for each side.

I believe he's importing into AutoCad. He says the format is hard to work with and that he's spending a lot of time cleaning up the files. Can anyone tell me if there are export options or techniques I'm missing?

Here's what he had to say:

The problem is that the lines are not connected, are not in their own layer, and are not assigned a standard color. There are lines that I can't even see unless I zoom in and do a selection window. Walls should just be drawn with two lines, but the way your program exported the floor plan, it has lines for drywall, lines for studs,  two layers of plywood and finishes. The problem with having so many lines on top and next to each other is that when the drawings are printed it all comes out as big thick lines, so all lines in between need to be erased or hidden.