Saving layouts to flash drive in order to print

CKrause

I have Home Designer Pro and I have finished my floor plan.  I have created several layout sheets to include my elevations etc.  I want to save these files to a flash drive in order to have my layouts printed on a large paper printer.  When creating my layouts I had checked the save to pdf file.  I have all of my layouts located and want to send them to a flash drive so I can go somewhere to print them.  I can't seem to find a way to do this. Then I saw that the file had to be changed to DXF files.  I did this step also and when I send that to the flash drive it shows the file as being sent, but when I open it in the program that opens up with it there is nothing there.  It shows my layout sheet, but non of my drawings are there.  Just to check I went back into Home designer Pro and opened my layout files and they appear just as I want them to.  I must be missing a step or something.  Can anyone help me with this issue.

5 minutes ago, CKrause said:

When creating my layouts I had checked the save to pdf file

Copy the PDF files to your flash drive. You do this in Windows or the Mac OS, not from within Pro.

8 minutes ago, CKrause said:

Then I saw that the file had to be changed to DXF files

Don't know where you found this info, but it's wrong.

I was not trying to send the files directly from Home Des Pro. I had the layout files saved in my documents and from there I tried to send the layout file. When actually trying to send the layout file itself I got an error message. I'd have to try this again to give you the actual message.  That's when I went back to reading how to do this and found out about the DXF file, thinking that was the problem.  I'll try to send the layout file again and see if I get the same error message.

That is correct, because that is what I selected in the dialogue box to begin with.  Well I went back and tried again and all the files were sent to the flash drive other than 1 and this is the error message that I got.  I know that is a layout of the side elevations of the house.  Everything else transferred just fine.  It so happens that this was the first one I selected to send before and had not tried any of the other layout files.  So if I can figure out why this one didn't work then I will be all set. I appreciate your help. Thanks alot.

Capture HDP.PNG

WELL I GOT EVERYTHING TO TRANSFER TO THE FLASH DRIVE AND I TOOK THE FLASH DRIVE TO A FRIENDS HOUSE THAT HAS A LARGE FORMAT PRINTER. WHEN HE TRIED TO PRINT THE FILE HE COULD NOT PULL UP ANYTHING TO PRINT.  ALL HE GOT WAS AN EXPLANATION OF THE PAGE LIKE ELEVATIONS, BUT NOTHING ELSE.  I DID CHECK THE BOX ON THE LAYOUT DIALOG TO SAVE AS PDF.  NOT SURE WHAT I DID WRONG.  I KNOW THE FILES ARE THERE BECAUSE I OPENED THEM FROM THERE.  I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAS A PORT ON HIS PRINTER FOR THE FLASH DRIVE, BUT HE INDICATED THAT HE WAS GOING THROUGH HIS COMPUTER.  WHAT SHOULD I TRY?  I AM COMPLETELY STUMPED.  THANKS FOR THE HELP.