camera issues home designer pro 2019

Donco15

Hi everyone,

I am new to Home Designer Pro 2019.

I love the program... I have been using for a month and all of a sudden it will not let me see camera views when I put furnishings in my plan.

I know that my computer meets the spec req. because I checked with tech support before purchasing.

I am wondering if there is a glitch in the program or if I need to turn on something...

I have attached the error message below that keeps coming up..

Thanks for your help..

D-

HOME DESIGNER ERROR MESSAGE.JPG

What is the hardware like that makes up your PC or Mac, you have stated a problem but not supplied much else in the way of data that anyone else can comment on due to the lack of it. I am sorry you are having problems but without any accompanying images, .plan file or other needful data, all I can offer is sympathy. Your type of complaint is not a common one. It could be caused by certain object layers being on in plan view but off in camera views (there is a different Display Options dialog for plan view, and each kind of camera view and another one for the Reference Display, most new users have not yet discovered this fact.

DJP

• Like 1

This issue now happens on every plan file that I try and use..

It must have something to do with furnishings...

It does not crash when I draw the room only...

I just tried to open home designer pro and it shows that a new update is available for download for 2019 Home Designer Pro

I am downloading the update now... 

I updated the catalogs in the system while I was in the program last.

I did not notice an update on the home screen before just now..

I will try the program after the update

Stay tuned

D-

D,

I have encounter the same problem. Unfortunately, because of my work schedule. I haven't been able to sit down at my computer during the times that tech support is open. If you can, you might want to call them when your having this problem. I start to see the error after I have made several changes to my plan. It's a nuance, but it doesn't stop me from completing my task.  

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the data, though you said nothing about your video support or video card. If your video support is built into your Mother Board, it is probably the problem source. Such devices are often built into the Mother Board to cut retail costs. What is required for Home Designer and Chief Premier is a dedicated, stand-alone, video card that has at least 2-4 Gb of its own Video RAM as stated on the Home Designer and Chief Architect websites under "Minimum Requirements" for hardware, that is why I asked in the first place. How much system RAM and CPU speed effects speed and performance whereas the video card controls visual performance.

Please share a copy of your .plan file so others can look at it on their PC or Mac to see what results they get, It could be a layer setting in "Display Options" in plan or camera views but no one can be sure without a copy of the offending plan to test.

DJP

• Like 1

As Solver said, questions belong in Q&A.

With the program open, click on 'EDIT' on the toolbar.

Down at the bottom of the selection, click on 'preferences' > 'video card status',

and take a snippet of that information and post it.

• Like 1

I'm no pro, but I bought a gaming card ( the ones that video gamers like, you can ask at best buy or somewhere like that), Its a separate video card that plugs in for enhanced graphics. If you take your computer in they can do it for you. I did that and have never had any issues like the ones you describe. Plus my renderings happen very fast. 

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your answers... This is why I love the forum so very much...  I have updated my drivers and think that is the problem... I will be the first one to say that I am a real novice at this techy stuff, so apologies in advance if I don't provide all the info that you ask.. I will try, but I basically am not savvy to this stuff when it comes to my computer system. 

Let's start with the last thing that was said: by David A - I thought of this when I purchased the software because I wanted to not have any issues.. I decided against it because the program worked fine without it in the beginning. I may have to do this route or buy a new system. I went over my system specs with the tech support person before purchase and he said, it should be fine, but after using program more.. I see that you really must have a powerful system to use this software otherwise it will crash when you are doing camera views.

6 hours ago, DavidAndrade said:

I'm no pro, but I bought a gaming card ( the ones that video gamers like, you can ask at best buy or somewhere like that), Its a separate video card that plugs in for enhanced graphics. If you take your computer in they can do it for you. I did that and have never had any issues like the ones you describe. Plus my renderings happen very fast.

In response to Jo_Ann's comments:

12 hours ago, Jo_Ann said:

As Solver said, questions belong in Q&A.

With the program open, click on 'EDIT' on the toolbar.

Down at the bottom of the selection, click on 'preferences' > 'video card status',

and take a snippet of that information and post it.

I did not understand where to write this question because the choices were not clear, so I took a chance and posted this under this section... Apologies, for posting this question under the wrong area... The appropriate choices were not clear to me when I went to the forum.. I will seek out the Q & A section from now on.  THANKS FOR POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.....:)   The BEST feature about this program so far is the AWESOME forum section... The users really help and give great suggestions to fellow users.. I love reading the comments. I learn so much about the CAPABILITIES of this program by reading this ever so HELPFUL Forum.

Here are the things that I included: Plan file - it is just a layout file for space planning purposes. Please do not laugh at the simplicity of the plan... I know that it is not great.. :)

Image of my video specs..

Image of my system before I updated the video driver...

Note: If anyone sees anything that they think is helpful maybe it is my plan file causing this.  I must admit that I do not think that I have the right things on in the file. However, as I said, I am doing this for space planning, so I just worked with it...

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.. I promise I will find the Q & A section for my future questions..

D-

loft.plan

video card status - from preferences.JPG

video card status - from preferences.JPG

Donco15,

Go back and read the last comment from DavidJPotter about the video cards. You have the same problem I have. Your Intel video card is built into your mother board. It will only work to a certain point. I have the latest upgrade to my video card, but its not a stand alone video card. I didn't clearly understand this when I first started and got some bad information when I had Geek Squad check my computer to see if it would meet the minimum requirements. 

16 hours ago, starreece said:

Donco15,

Go back and read the last comment from DavidJPotter about the video cards. You have the same problem I have. Your Intel video card is built into your mother board. It will only work to a certain point. I have the latest upgrade to my video card, but its not a stand alone video card. I didn't clearly understand this when I first started and got some bad information when I had Geek Squad check my computer to see if it would meet the minimum requirements. 

Thanks for the feedback

I am now aware of this too..  I  wish that I would have understood this more clearly.

I am looking for a new system that meets these req. specs. I will compare to the specs of adding a new graphics card

Curious... Did you end up buying a new computer or did you install a new stand alone graohics card?  

Thanks

D-

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, DavidJPotter said:

Thank you for posting the data, though you said nothing about your video support or video card. If your video support is built into your Mother Board, it is probably the problem source. Such devices are often built into the Mother Board to cut retail costs. What is required for Home Designer and Chief Premier is a dedicated, stand-alone, video card that has at least 2-4 Gb of its own Video RAM as stated on the Home Designer and Chief Architect websites under "Minimum Requirements" for hardware, that is why I asked in the first place. How much system RAM and CPU speed effects speed and performance whereas the video card controls visual performance.

Please share a copy of your .plan file so others can look at it on their PC or Mac to see what results they get, It could be a layer setting in "Display Options" in plan or camera views but no one can be sure without a copy of the offending plan to test.

DJP

Thanks for your response... I did not understand it before...  I totally understand it now...

Your comments are most appreciated.

D-

I'm having a new stand alone graphic card installed in my computer. If you go that route, you will probably need to install a new power source as well. I went with a 2Gb because I just use the program as a hobby. You can go as high as you want if your motherboard is compatible.