Landscape Material Not Showing in 3D

LindaM

I'm having an issue with my landscape material not showing in full perspective or any 3D views, it's there and reflected on my floor plan view.  

I'm working on a new '17 MacBook Pro, HD Pro '18.  Hoping this is something simple.  TIA

Most new users do not know that there is a "Display Options"  dialog for plan view, each camera type and another one for the "Reference Display" tool, seven in all. They all look a like but are completely different in terms of what they control. So having your terrain "on" in plan views does not mean that it is turned "off" in all the camera views. You have to look (open the Layer Display dialog while in a camera view and check to see if the missing object or objects are in fact missing or just not checked "on" in that "Display Options" dialog that controls what is seen and not seen per camera view, plan view and Reference view.

DJP

In this case, then, you are seeing an improper function which is probably rooted in your computer hardware, most likely your video card. A simple, possible fix is to make sure your video card has up to date software drivers or if a desktop computer. it may be running visuals with a cheap, integrated video support built into the Mother Board instead of the more able, separate, stand-alone, dedicated video card (this may be the case without your prior knowledge but is a common problem. If you are using a laptop, its video card may not meet minimum requirements for supporting Home Designer software. Many inexpensive laptops that are fine for minimal browsing and email but not stout enough for graphics-heavy applications like Home Designer and Chief Premier. I am not personally accusing you of anything but rather something that is a common problem and one you might look at.

DJP

I'm not running on a cheap laptop and the sole purpose of buying this new machine was to run CA.  Thank you for your assistance, I'll certainly try anything but certainly hope it's not my Mac.

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 11.09.33 AM.png