Paint Color Beffudlement

bluesparrowllc

I am far enough along in my house plan to start obsessing with color palattes and I'm wondering if any other users have this issue:

I have several of the paint manufacturer catalogs downloaded into my Library ( Behr, Benjamin Moore, Resene, and Sherwin Williams).  Unfortunately, ALL of the yellows are either muddy browns or queasy shades of pink.  These companies all have beautiful yellows I would like to use and this is driving me to distraction!  (I know I can create my own materials but, for some maddening reason, HD won't hold the material properties for more than a few days.  Which is another topic.)  I am currently using HD Pro 2018 but had this problem in HD 2017, as well.

Has anyone else noticed this? For what it's worth, I don't have any problem with the exact same shades on Behr's website looking appropriately yellow so I don't think it's my computer but a problem with how HD is processing the color file.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

I think it's because you are looking at Sherwin Williams and Behr product lines. These are not generic yellows, they are custom shades pulled from each manufacturers catalog.

Compare those to the Yellows found in the Home Designer Core Catalog and you'll see the difference.

behr.jpg

core-generic.jpg

sherwin.jpg

Kirk, thanks for the reply.  However, almost none of the colors you posted from the core catalog, and I did look at them in my program, look yellow.  They are browns and pinks.  Bright, Gold and Mustard - in the core catalog - are the only ones that are actually yellow.  Looking at the shades, I can tell yellow was used in the paint mix.  I guess I just expect colors categorized as "yellow" to be discernibly yellow-colored. 

Oh, well.  Thanks again for the replies.  I will soldier on....

And the more I type the word yellow, the more bizarre it is looking :(