Glass shower

warrenwest

I'm about to pull my hair out ! an hour ago I created a bathroom with a large walk in glass shower. Lovely. Then I proceeded to make some other changes e.g., built a cabinet, placed a toilet, created some backsplashes ( as shown in a youtube video ) and painted the walls. During this procedure I must have changed a setting because no matter what I try the glass shower keeps on taking the color of the walls where it didn't before. What did I change that caused this issue? I even deleted the shower and started again, no luck.

many thanks in advance 

When you change the material settings for "Walls" in a Roof Specification Dialog - Materials Tab it changes all the walls irrespective of the wall type (glass in particular), so as the Doctor once said "Don't do that!". The Materials Eye Dropper and Materials Painter tools have limitations and you have found that limitation.

So when you have glass walls do not use that method please. What you do is to set the material of individual wall surfaces by way of each wall's Materials Tab found in each wall's Specification Dilaog - Materials Tab. To control how much of a wall is changed you use the "Wall Break Tool" to isolate just the wall segment you want to change and then change it a wall segment at a time.

The software is purely mechanical in nature so it is up to you to provide the control for finely defined results.

DJP