building a sloped room

warrenwest

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

Hello again,

Im sure its dead easy but I just can't seem to find it at the moment.

I need to build a room where one wall is half the height than its opposite. This i can do, however as soon as i draw the perpendicular walls, they don't join the 2 walls creating a slope. Again I need this room for interior design purposes so it does not need to be structurally correct. 

Pls someone point me in the right direction.

Draw the four walls for the room.

Set ceiling height to match short wall height. Turn off Ceiling in this room.

Set opposite wall to High Shed Gable.

Set other two walls as full gable.

Generate a roof. Change roof pitch to get opposite wall twice as high as short wall.

Use Full Overview view to see the walls. Turn off the display of ceiling and roof planes to see inside.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

and it was going so well until the time came to actually start with the interior of this particular space. After following your instructions I was left with the structure that I wanted ( see attachment, this was only a test btw ), However once the interior design started it all fell apart rather quickly with me not being able to place a sofit like normal. Then the biggest problem appeared when I tried to create a custom back splash on the lower half of the walls and full height in the shower area. Vector view ( see attachment ) also only shows the lower half of the wall. It seems the program only recognizes the lower half because as per instructions this wall is 1060mm and thus set as my ceiling height to achieve the room I wanted. If I stretch the BS higher than 1060mm then, well see the camera view of the wall in question. What have I not set correctly?? :unsure:

post-794-0-83517800-1414007587_thumb.png

Hi,

Well, exactly, the tile on the door is one issue. The fact that i can't generate vector views for the shower backsplash ( well at least not above 1060mm ) and in doll house view it only shows half of all the walls.

To answer you other question, yes, the home exists in an unfinished state. Im working off plan and don't have photos of that particular room.If it will help I think I may have of the adjoining bathroom( similar structure )

thanks for the quick response :)

Oh and pls remember, this is only a test structure to see if it would work but the dimensions are what are required. In reality the rooms are attached to the rest of the house  ;)

post-794-0-22532300-1414009483_thumb.png

• Solution

Assuming that your roof is complete and will not need any future automatic changes (since you have Pro you can make manual changes later if needed) then you need to uncheck "Auto Rebuild Roofs" in the Build Roof dialog.  Then go in to your rooms and increase the Finished Ceiling Height.

• Upvote 2