Wall/Foundation issue

GLOBE-Res

For some reason the foundation walls don't "connect" to the first floor walls in some spots.  How do I fix this?

Using the Perspective overview you can see where there are gaps in the walls/floors in some areas of the house.  What is causing this?

RIEGER-2018.02.22-PROPOSED.plan

Using Home Designer PRO

Edited by GLOBE-Res
forgot info

13 minutes ago, WILL_in_PGH said:

Wall Definition was to show material.

I don't understand. What material? What's wrong with the out of the box wall?

When you change layers, you frequently need to change some of the things circled. (image from Chief, not HD)

ht1.thumb.jpg.c12bc14b0eda253bf8981fd46d07ddd3.jpg

I believe F5 will rebuild 3D, or select Rebuild 3D from the 3D menu.

Nothing is "wrong" with the definition.  I just don't need to see all the materials and lines for material separations - I merely simplify what I'm seeing.

Just to be clear, this is the Home Designer forum?

5 minutes ago, WILL_in_PGH said:

this is the Home Designer forum?

Yes

5 minutes ago, WILL_in_PGH said:

I just don't need to see all the materials and lines for material separations - I merely simplify what I'm seeing.

You might be able to do this via Layer Display Options. 

This is what I see in Home Designer 2018 Pro

I'm just not fond of seeing all the parts of a wall. 

To me it's nice to know that the parts are all there but I don't need my 2d prints that are going to a contractor and Plan review.

Just a personal preference.

HOME DESIGNER ISSUE-2.jpg

Here is my suggestion. Change the wall definition to remove unwanted fills and lines. This preserves alignments and only changes how the walls display in plan.

It's not perfect -- if you are displaying grids (snap or reference) you will see the white lines.

ht1.thumb.jpg.77e0a7fbf03579847ea26c0d2b6f46cc.jpg

That's pretty much what I did in my original project's creation.  But for some reason there is a gap between walls/floors and I don't know what is causing this.

As for the grid I can turn those off.

Is this what you want to see?

You ruined your wall definition by the way you altered it.

Instead, when opening the wall definition dialog, change the fill color (of each material) and save the wall with a new name (siding 6 poche, maybe?).

wall.JPG

6 minutes ago, WILL_in_PGH said:

That's pretty much what I did in my original project's creation.  But for some reason there is a gap between walls/floors and I don't know what is causing this.

Here is your wall. You changed its structure. You moved the siding into the main layer, and then in Wall Settings, told the program to go to the exterior of layer 1, which is part of the main layer. 

You have told the program there is nothing -- siding, drywall, sheathing etc outside the main layer, so there is nothing to cover the gap.

The program uses this info to align walls vertically too.

You should understand the side effects of changes.

ht1.thumb.jpg.230b58a0202f7ffc5c20179e1695eaff.jpg