Deck Footing replacement from Sonotube to Helical Pier

mstakwax

Good day

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2017, I'm building a deck and I've been unable to replace the "Pier Tube Form" or Sonotube for and "Helical Pier" in my design. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marc      

The software us merely a mechanical aid to your drawings and representations. If you want a particular look to your footings, then create one with the tools you have to hand which in Home Designer Pro are numerous. It boils down to learning what tools you have, what they do and how you can use them to represent, graphically what you intend. New users often are found to refer to the software as "it" as if it was an actual intelligence source (It won't do, it won't let me, it doesn't get it right when the actual answer is I have not yet learned how, I haven't learned how to do, etc.) . It is NOT, you provide the intelligence and guidance, not the software.

DJP

Go into the "deck support" section of the room specification dbx for the deck. When you open it, change the default "deck post footings" to the diameter (width) you need for the helical piles. The thickness will be the depth you need to get below your frost line plus the height above terrain you choose.