Move building / room on plot plan

mkalavitz

I have been playing with this software and have put together plans to add a pole building to an existing office building on my lot.  

Before I started drawing, I knew the exact dimensions of my lot and only estimated the position of the existing office building.

It was not until today that I received an official survey of the lot which also includes the exact location of the existing office building.   Now I want to actually 'position' the existing office building where surveyed and then establish a 25' setback from the pole building to the lot line.

But, how in the world can I move the entire building and all of its contents(interior walls, doors, windows, tables, cabinets, etc. etc. etc.) to the exact location that I want?  I seems I should be able to select all items and then offset a distance or establish a dimension from the side of the building to the lot line and have everything move.  After the office is in the surveyed position, I then need

to move the pole building so it is 25' setback from the lot line.

I have been playing and can not see an easy way of doing this.  I was starting to redo each individual dimension of every wall, door, but there as to be a better way.

Please advise.

thx

Mike

33 minutes ago, mkalavitz said:

how in the world can I move the entire building and all of its contents

Read about Edit Area.

For moving things, Point to Point Move. 

For rotating things, Transform/Replicate. I find Rotate About Current Point works well for many things. You will need to first place a point.

You want to end up with your buildings square with the screen, not at some odd angle.

Good articles in the Knowledge Base too.